GUIDELINES ON ACADEMIC ADVISING
Academic advising is an avenue to assist students to complete their programs of study within the prescribed length of time. Specifically, it helps prevents academic deficiencies such as failing grades, incomplete grades and the inability to take and pass the clinical practicum and other courses required in the program of study the student is enrolled in.
- A Program Coordinator may act as student’s academic adviser;
- Every academic adviser must extend utmost assistance and guidance to his/her advisees to help them complete their course at MTG Healthcare Academy;
- Keep a logbook for academic advising indicating the date, brief description of problem/need and action taken;
- Determine the academic strengths and weaknesses of advisees and refer advisees with personal problems to the Academic Director;
- The Academic Director sees to it that academic advising is properly carried out in each department/campus.